You must register to attend using Eventbrite. Welcoming coffee and poster session/social will happen on gather.town. You will receive the Zoom and gather.town links at the email that you used to register on Eventbrite – check your email!
|08:30-09:00||Welcome social event||Organizers||gather.town|
|09:00||Opening remarks||Courtney Paquette||In-person/Zoom|
|09:00-10:00||Keynote talk 1: Vision and Language: Progress and Challenges||Aishwarya Agrawal|
Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Operations Research at University of Montreal.
1) Aggregating From Multiple Target-Shifted Sources (Changjian Shui)
2) Deep Reinforcement Learning at the Edge of the Statistical Precipice (Rishabh Agarwal)
3) Typing assumptions improve identification in causal discovery (Philippe Brouillard)
4) On the Limits of Algorithmic Counting and Out-of-Distribution Generalization (Martin Weiss)
|11:00-11:45||Keynote talk 2: Practical Directions for Responsible AI Development||Tegan Maharaj|
Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Information at the University of Toronto.
1) Improving Fairness in Heterogeneous Federated Learning (Shaoxiang Qin)
2) Mixture-based Feature Space Learning for Few-shot Image Classification (Arman Afrasiyabi)
3) Sequential Pipeline Optimization: Bandits-driven Exploration using a Collaborative Filtering Representation (Maxime Heuillet)
4) Task-Assisted GAN for resolution enhancement, quality improvement and modality translation in fluorescence microscopy (Catherine Bouchard)
|14:00-14:45||Keynote talk 3: Deep Reinforcement Learning – Challenges and Opportunities||Pablo Samuel Castro|
Staff research Software Developer in Google Research (Brain team) in Montreal
1) Q-Layer: Latent Space Constraints for Robust Convolutional Neural Network (Sirui Song)
2) CARL: Conditional value-at-risk Adversarial Reinforcement Learning (Mathieu Godbout)
3) Parallel Gaussian Process-Based Bayesian Optimization for Multiple Cortical Array Neuroprosthetic Control (Julien Rimok)
4) SESNO: Sample Efficient Social Navigation from Observation (Bobak H Baghi)
|15:45-16:45||Poster session (see list of accepted submissions here)||gather.town|